Pest Control in the Winter?
With the winter- time cold temperatures that bring snow and ice to the Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky area pest control may be the last thing on your mind. But don’t be fooled by thinking all the pests have frozen and died! You might think winter is a time when nature takes a rest, but things are not always as they seem. In the world of pest control, there is still a lot of work to do. Pests such as Black Widows and other spiders, ants, cockroaches, termites, bedbugs, fleas, rats, mice and the like, may slow down a bit, but they don’t go away. In fact, they continue feeding, growing and multiplying, often in the warmth and comfort of our homes.
Warmer days also get pest moving again, when outside temperatures are on a warming trend, outdoor pests, such as Carpenter Ants, House Ants, Wasps, bees, and occasional invaders like millipedes, and stink bugs, continue their activities. It is a wise practice to maintain your protective barrier guarantee on a quarterly basis. Cutting your pest control service during the winter season as a cost-saving measure gives pests a head start for the spring, and may void warranted services.
7 reasons to continue your pest control service through the winter
- Autumn invading pests living inside the walls are not affected by the cold temperatures outdoors.
- Termites, carpenter ants, cockroaches, silverfish, and many other insects can thrive indoors as the weather is always pleasant inside!
- Attics provide shelter to other insects such as wasps and spiders, as they try to escape the cold.
- Rodents can find their way into your home if all entry points are not sealed off.
- When we perform a meticulous inspection of your home, inside and out, we ensure that no pest related issues are present and identify any conditions that might increase the risk of future pest problems.
- Inspecting and/or treating entry points like doors, windows, and weep holes provide lasting protection and ready your home for the emergence of pests in spring.
- When we remove spider webs, egg cases, wasp nests, and mud dauber nests, we prevent them from reemerging when the weather warms.
Remember, invasive pests want to be indoors during the winter for the same reasons you do! It is important to perform a comprehensive winter pest control treatment to insure that your home is protected year-round.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our knowledgeable office staff at 513.247.0300.
Thank You for your continued patronage,
The friendly staff,
Sure Thing Pest Control