Tips to Reduce the Likelihood of Termite Infestation
- Maintain landscaped areas a few feet away from the foundation of the structure.
- Keep firewood stacked away from the structure.
- Keep crawl spaces and basements clear of wood debris and excess moisture.
- Fix faulty drainage and any plumbing or roof leaks that cause
moisture to accumulate.
- Routinely check in and around the structure for mud tubes, discarded termite wings, and general signs of termite activity.
- If adding a room or deck to the structure, make sure the wood used has been “treated” to discourage termites